Monday, April 14, 2014

Create what fools the eye...



Who says that you can't celebrate April Fools Day during the whole month of April?  Over at the Chicagoland Scrapbooker blog today, I am fooling everyone with this faux-leather technique.  

It is easy peasy.  All you need is cardstock, ink, and plastic wrap.  I told you it was easy!  Squish up your plastic wrap, dab it on your ink pad, and then stamp it onto your cardstock.  The card on the left is Iced Spruce Distress Ink on gray cardstock and the card on the right is Chocolate Chip Ink from Stampin' Up on brown Kraft paper. I created the shading just by adding more or less ink and varying the pressure when I stamped.


This adorable bike is from Unique Laser Designs.  I just pushed the bike into an ink pad to get some distressed color on it.
Since I needed a masculine birthday card, I decided to hide the basket behind the cutout on my card window.  I added a clock stamp and the sentiment "time for another birthday?"...inside it says "enjoy the ride".

Have you checked out the Unique Laser Designs website yet? What are you waiting for?  Also, there is a challenge for the month of April.  You can play whether or not you have ordered from them yet?  Just show us your creation with a wood or chipboard embellishment.  You can find all of the information HERE.

Enjoy the ride!
~Kelly


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love the bicycle! Very clever to hide the girly basket for the masculine card! I can't wait until my muscles tell me to craft again! In the man time, I can enjoy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat faux-leather technique !

    Thanks for joining the Unique Laser Designs April Challenge (ULD products used).

    ReplyDelete