Monday, March 3, 2014

Create for a birthday...


Birthdays are popping up all over this month.  Now, if only spring was popping up all over.  I created this treat jar for a co-worker and it allowed me to play with lots of supplies for lots of reasons.

First, I am the hostess for the March challenge over at Scrap It Girl.  Easy-peasy...just show us a birthday creation...card, page layout, poster, treat jar, home decor, whatever.  You could win the fun prize pack, seen HERE.

Second, I did some production packing for Bella Blvd and received a truck load of fun items.  I used patterned paper from the new Lucky Stars, Freestyle, and Molly collections, and you can spy some washi tape, alpha stickers, Family Forever Candid Cards, etc.  I mixed and matched and just wanted this to be a bright, party explosion.

Third, we are celebrating March Madness this month over at the blog for Chicagoland Scrapbooker.  We all tend to go a little "mad" over something in our craftiness.  Me--it's distressed edges.  I think roughing up the edges of paper just gives the right amount of dimension and texture.  I tend to like my page paper projects flat so they can slide into an envelope or page protector easily.  Distressing the edges gives some "pop" without anything popping and falling out and making my cards undeliverable and my albums too wonky.



So, what are you crafting while you wait for spring to show up?

~Kelly



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment